Are you suffering from neck pain? If so, you might have a difficult time going to sleep, driving a car, and completing your daily schedule. Neck pain can be a serious issue, and you might even think that it’ll require surgery. Fortunately, this is not always the case. A trained chiropractor can help you address neck pain. It is important to think about some of the most common causes of neck pain as well as some of the most common disorders. Then, learn more about how a chiropractor can help you overcome neck pain. This can make a significant difference in your overall quality of life. Keep reading to learn how…
Common Causes of Neck Pain
There are several possible reasons why you might be suffering from neck pain. Some of the most common causes of neck pain include:
- Motor Vehicle Accident: If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, you may be dealing with a lot of neck stiffness and soreness. This could come from a disorder called whiplash.
- Poor Sleep Posture: If you do not have very good sleep posture, you could develop neck pain. Maybe your mattress is too hard, or perhaps your pillow is too small. Poor posture can lead to chronic neck discomfort.
- Sports Injuries: A lot of people play sports to stay in shape. Unfortunately, people of all ages can develop neck injuries while playing sports.
These are just a few of the most common reasons why people suffer from neck pain.
Examples of Disorders That Lead To Neck Pain
There are a lot of medical disorders that could lead to neck pain. Some of the most common reasons why your neck might be sore include:
- Cervical Ligament Sprain: If you have a sprain of the ligaments in the neck, you could develop neck discomfort. This pain manifests when you try to move your head from side to side or up and down.
- A Pinched Nerve: If you notice shooting or stabbing pains traveling from your neck to other areas of your body, then you could have a pinched nerve that has to be freed.
- Arthritis: If you suffer from chronic neck pain, then you could have arthritis, which leads to inflammation in the spaces between the neck vertebrae.
You should rely on a chiropractor who can address these issues.
How a Chiropractor Can Help You Address Neck Pain
A chiropractor relies on natural, manual therapy to place your body in the best position possible to recover. The first thing a chiropractor will do is take a detailed history of your symptoms. Then, your chiropractor will take a closer look at your neck to figure out where the pain is coming from. A chiropractor will also perform a series of adjustments and manipulations to make sure that your vertebrae, ligaments, and tendons are in the right locations. This will make it easier for your body to heal. A chiropractor can also use acupuncture, massage therapy, and physical therapy to complete the recovery process.
Focus on Neck Pain Relief from a Chiropractor
In the end, a chiropractor can customize a treatment plan to meet your needs. Therefore, if you are suffering from neck pain, a chiropractor may be able to help you. Even though there are a lot of possible reasons why you might suffer from neck pain, a chiropractor will take the time to figure out the root cause of your neck pain. Then, you can develop a treatment plan that is meant just for you. If you want to get rid of neck pain and improve your quality of life, give us a call. Our Doctor of Chiropractic is here to help!
This article is copyrighted by Blogging Chiropractors for its Doctor of Chiropractic members and may not be copied or duplicated in any manner including printed or electronic media, regardless of whether for a fee or gratis without the prior written permission of Blogging Chiropractors.